If you find that your iPhone speed is slow and it is not responding, the thing is with iPhone storage. So, let us learn “How to FREE UP iPhone Storage” with some quick tips.
Tip 1: Delete unused apps on iPhone
- Go to Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage.
- You could see all the apps on your iPhone with the storage they used.
- Just tap on an app that you don’t want to use anymore.
- You could see two options:
- Offload App: Free up some space but the documents and the data used by the app remains on your iPhone.
- Delete App: This will delete the app and the data from your iPhone. You can’t undo this action.
- This helps you to free up some space on your iOS device.
Tip 2: Disable Automatic Downloads
- Navigate to Settings -> iTunes & App Stores.
- Under AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS toggle off Music, Apps, Books and Audiobooks and App Updates.
- Under MOBILE DATA toggle off Automatic Downloads.
- This will prevent the automatic downloads on your iPhone.
Tip 3: Change Photo settings
- Launch Settings and scroll down to tap on Photos.
- You could see two possibilities:
- Optimise iPhone Storage: This will save device storage as it stores all the full-resolution photos and videos in iCloud.
- Download and Keep Originals: This stores all the original photos and videos on the iPhone.
- Turn On this Optimise iPhone storage to free up space on your iPhone.
- You can delete the photos and videos completely as it is saved on iCloud, you could download it anytime.
Note: Make sure that the iCloud Photos option is turned On.
Tip 4: Toggle Off iCloud Backup
This action will stop the iCloud backup storing on iPhone.
- Launch Settings and tap on the Apple ID.
- Next, tap on iCloud and select iCloud Backup.
- Toggle Off iCloud Backup.
Tip 5: Clear history, Cache and Cookies on your on iOS device
Clearing the search history will free up some space on the iPhone.
Tip 6: Turn Off Background App Refresh
- Go to Settings -> General -> Background App Refresh.
- Tap on Background App Refresh and select Off.
- Or toggle off the apps that you don’t want to refresh on the background.
- This helps to save your battery life and storage as well.
These tips will help you to save and clean storage on your iOS devices. If you have any other suggestions leave that in the comment box.