Spotlight search is a handy feature that helps to search for something from iPhone & iPad’s home screen. Some users recently reported that the spotlight search is not working properly after the iOS 13 update. In this article, I will explain to you “how to fix this issue quickly and easily?”. Let’s start with the simplest way to solve the problem.
An additional guide for Notes App Search Not Working on iPhone iOS 14
Solution 1: Check Language Settings
- Go to Settings-> General.
- Tap on “Language & Region“.
- Then, tap to select the “iPhone language“. Now, change the language.
- Wait for a few minutes, now change it to your previous language settings.
Solution 2: Reset Location & Privacy
- Launch Settings-> General-> Reset.
- Tap on the “Reset Location &Privacy” option and enter the Passcode if needed.
- Now, tap on “Reset Settings” to confirm it.
Solution 3: Reset All Settings
- Launch Settings ->General->Reset.
- Tap on “Reset All Settings“, enter the Passcode if needed.
- Again tap on the “Reset” option to confirm it.
Solution 4: Erase All Content & Settings
- Launch Settings-> General -> Reset.
- Tap on “Erase All Content and Settings“.
- Now, Tap on the “Back Up Then Erase” option.
- Note: If you have already backed up your iPhone data, you can tap on the “Erase now” option.
- Enter the Passcode if needed.
- Now, tap on the “Erase All Content & Settings” option to confirm it.
Solution 5: Check the Siri & Search Settings
- Launch Settings-> Siri & Search.
- Tap on any app here.
- Now, you may see the “Show in Search” option is disabled just tap the button to enable it and also enable the “Show App” option.
Note: If the options are already enabled, disable it for a few seconds and again enable it.
Solution 6: Update your iPhone
- Launch Settings -> General->Software Update.
- If any Update is available tap on Download and Install option.
- Once the update is complete, check Now your Spotlight Search work or not.
Final verdict :
That’s it. Now, return to the home screen & scroll down the screen from the middle of the home screen. The spotlight search will work for you. So, these are simple ways to fix the issue. If you found any other solution to the problem, let me know in the comments.