Do you want to show desktop on your Mac without closing any apps and applications? Here, you can learn how to show desktop shortcuts on Mac. Here, I had explained few tricks to show desktop shortcuts for your Mac. Then follow the below instruction.
Solution 1: Use the Trackpad gesture to show desktop
In all Mac and Macbook, there should be a trackpad. Or else if you are using any magic trackpad. Then easily you can show the desktop option on your Mac. So for that, just make swipe your thumb downward and three fingers rightward on the trackpad. If it is not working, then enable the gesture option. To do that,
1. Go to Apple Menu. And open System preference > Trackpad and then click on the “More gestures” option.
2. Now you can see the Show Desktop option.
3. Then make sure that the option is enabled(ticked) to show the desktop by using the gesture option.
Solution 2: Use Hot corner
Hot corner is the easiest way to show desktop on your Mac like windows. It is a hidden feature on your Mac. Simply you can hide the desktop on the right corner of the screen.
1. Open System preference and click on “Desktop&Screen saver”
2. Tap on the Screensaver tab and click “Hot corners“(at the bottom of the page).
3. Now you can see the four dropdown boxes. You can choose any dropdown box and another box notification center and dashboard.
4. Next, click the Ok button. After that, click the right corner of the screen, you will show desktop on your Mac.
Solution 3: Use the keyboard shortcut
Fn and F11 are similar to the Windows + D option in the shortcut of windows. Most Macbook users try this shortcut to show desktop on their Mac. There are many shortcut keys to show desktop on your Mac. Here, you can see what it is.
1. First press and hold the Fn and F11 keys to show the desktop on your Mac.
2. Hold the Command key+Mission key (4th key from the top left of keyboard)
3. Press and hold the Win+D keys
4. Press Command+F3 keys
6. Press Command+Option+M
7. Hold Command and Press H
Solution 4: Use Finder
The above-mentioned method is not working on your Mac, then move to the next one.
1. Go to Finder and close any Finder window.
2. Then Press Alt+Command+H.
Solution 5: Set a new shortcut key to show desktop
You can also create shortcut keys to show desktop. To do that,
1. Open System preference and then select keyboard.
2. Tap the shortcuts tab > Mission control > Show desktop command
3. Double click it by setting the current shortcut key
4. Then set up a new shortcut key that is not used in any functions.
5. Close System preference.
Solution 6: Use Karabiner to show desktop
1. Open Karabiner preference and click the “Misc&uninstall” tab
2. Select “Open private.xml” in custom settings.
3. Paste the below code in private.xml
<name>Augy’s Command+D show desktop</name>
<appendix>Command+D to F11</appendix>
<autogen>__KeyToKey__ KeyCode::D, VK_COMMAND, KeyCode::F11</autogen>
4. Then enable “Augy’s Command + D show desktop ”
Guys, make sure that the show desktop shortcut is working on your Mac. And if you know any other worked tricks, then feel free to mention that in the comment below. Thank you.