Mostly, Apple does not allow setting the Third-party browsing app as a default one. Unexpectedly, Apple announces that iPhone and iPad users can set Third-party browsers as default browsers now. If you are using any Third Party browser instead of Safari, this news will make you happy. You can also set Third-Party Mail apps like Gmail and Outlook as default ones. So here I will show you how to set the third-party browser as your default browser. Let’s see how to do that.
First, you have to update your iPhone or iPad to the latest iOS version. To do that,
Step 1: Update your iPhone/iPad to the latest iOS version.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Then select the General option.
- Now tap on Software Update and check if you have any Software Updates available.
- If it is yes. Tap on Download and Install the option to download the update immediately.
Step 2: Set the Third-Party browsing app/Mail app as a default app.
Here I’m going to show how to set the Third-party browsing apps as a default with the help of Chrome. But remember this method is applicable for all Third-Party browsing apps and email apps.
- First, you have to update your browser app/mail apps before starting this process.
- Next, launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down the screen and select Chrome (or) third-party mail app.
- Then tap on Default Browsing App (or) Default Mail App.
- And select Chrome to set it as your default browser app on your iPhone. That’s it.
Note: The important thing is, only chrome has been updated and allowed to set it as the default browser. But other apps haven’t updated their browser to use as a default on the iPhone. So we have to wait for some time until the developer updates their browsing app.
So, guys, I hope this article helped you to know about how to set a Third-Party browser app as a default browser on your iPhone. If you have any other doubts or suggestions let me know through the comments section below. Thank you.