Since iOS 12, the Notes app constantly not working and it showed a black screen. It was appearing in control center. In this article, I am going to tell you how to resolve Notes app not working issue on iPhone and iPad. If you have this same issue, then this article will help you.
Solution 1: Using Location Services
- Launch “Settings” app.
- Tap “Privacy” -> “Location Services” -> “Notes” -> select “Always or While Using the App”.
Solution 2: Soft Restart
- Launch “Settings” -> “General”.
- Tap “Shut Down” and the phone will turn off.
- To turn on the iPhone press the power button.
Solution 3: Force Restart
If soft restart doesn’t work for you, you can try force restart.
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 4: Check Cellular Data
If you set “WLAN” cellular data for the weather app, it will not update the weather. So you have to set it from “WLAN” to “WLAN & Cellular Data”.
- Launch “Settings”.
- Tap “Cellular” -> find ‘Notes App” and check it under Allow Weather to Use Data.
Solution 5: Turn On Background App Refresh
- Launch “Settings” app.
- Tap “General” -> “Background App Refresh” -> select “Wi-Fi & Mobile Data”.
Solution 6: Reset All Settings
If you do Reset All settings, settings will be reset. This may solve your Weather App not working problem.
- Launch “Settings”->“General”->“Reset”.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Solution 7: Uninstall and Reinstall Weather
- First, hold the Notes icon until it starts to wiggle.
- Now tap “X” in the top left corner of the App icon.
- Then tap on “Delete” and then wait for few seconds.
- Open the “App Store” and tap the search tab (at the bottom of your screen).
- Search for your Notes app and find it.
- Finally, tap on Download to download the Notes app.
Solution 8: Force Close Apps
Close the app while you are using the app. Then double click “Home” button. Here you can see the all closed apps. You have to swipe the app to close. After that, reopen the app and try to download or install the app.
Hope those above solutions resolved your problem. If you have any doubt or ideas regarding this article, tell us through your comments.