Recently, some of iPhone and iPad users are facing a problem that they don’t hear any sound during Facetime. It seems to be an irritating issue and I know how it feels to be because I too had experienced this same issue. Then, somehow I had fixed this serious issue with the help of tricks suggested by my friend Ferrick. Here, I am going to share those tricks with you so that you can also fix it.
Fix 1: Check Sound Settings on iPad
- Launch Settings -> General.
- Next, USE SIDE SWITCH TO and then Click Lock Rotation.
Note: Make sure that your device is not switched to Mute option.
Fix 2: Restart your device
- Firstly press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Then press and release the Volume Down button quickly.
- Wait for few seconds.
- Finally, press and hold the Side button until an Apple Logo appears on your screen.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the red slider.
- Drag the slider to Power Off.
- Again press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple Logo.
Fix 3: Check for Software Update
- Go to Settings -> General.
- Tap on Software Update -> Download and Install.
Fix 4: Turn Off Do Not Disturb
Launch Settings -> Do Not Disturb -> Turn off Do Not Disturb feature.
See also: Mac: No audio in FaceTime? Here’s how to fix it
Fix 5: Turn Off Bluetooth
Go to Settings -> Bluetooth ->Turn Off Bluetooth.
Fix 6: Check sound with Headphones
- Firstly plug in your Headphones
- Then check whether you can hear sound through the headphones.
- If you can hear sound through headphones but couldn’t hear through the Speaker then there might be any dust or debris found on your headset port.
- If there is any, clean it out.
- Make sure that the Volume slider is not muted.
- Make sure that you have set Date & Time to be Automatically.
- Make sure that your Camera and the Facetime are not turned off.
- Check for your internet connection.
Hope any one of the above fixes will help you to solve this issue. If you find this article as useful, kindly share your experience with me through your comments below. Thank You…