When users plug their MacBook Air into Mag Safe power adapter and power it on, nothing happens. It responding to the power adapter. I mean light turned from green to orange. But won't turn on. Don't worry. Here is the article I will show you some solutions to fix this issue. Are you curious? Let's check it out.
Reported Devices: MacBook Air 2013, 2014, mid-2012, 2010
Solution 1: Shake your Mac
- Keep the MacBook Air lid a little bit/slightly open. Firm grip and shake it.
- Then press the start/power button. This will set off the Sudden motion sensor – SMS and solve your problem.
Solution 2: Reset SMC
- Do the SMC reset. Press and hold Shift + Control+ Option+ Power buttons.
- Release the keys at the same time. Then turn on your Mac.
Solution 3: Remove the Safety case on your MAC
- If your MacBook Air has any safety case, take MacBook Air out of the case and try again.
Solution 4:- (One user suggested this method. Try with your own risk)
- Take the bottom off and try to turn it on.
- If you see the fan kind of twitching? Then stick your finger in and give the fan a bit of a flick.
- If it started spinning normally and check the issue.
Solution 5: Reset PRAM
- Reset the PRAM. This solved most of the MacBook Air's (which have a black screen with bootup chiming and fan running loudly) issue.
Solution 6: Use data cable
- Press the Power button and attach your mobile through a data cable.
- If your mobile starts charging, then your problem might be solved.
Solution 7: First-Aid your MAC
First-Aid is the best way to fix all start-up-related issues. So, try this one.
- First, tap on the Apple logo.
- And select the System Preferences.
- then tap on Disk Utility.
- At the top, you can see the First-Aid option just give it a click.
- Tap on Run from the pop-up.
- Once the process is completed tap on Done.
- After that, your Mac will restart automatically. Now check whether you have still a face is the issue or not.
Are you still can't turn on your MacBook Air or power adapter light turned from orange to green, check your device warranty status. If it's cover under warranty, take it to the Apple service center. Then if you have any doubts or suggestions, tell us via the comment section below. Thank you.