Recently, I heard the news that is iPhone XS Max sound problem during phone calls. I think many users are having this problem with their new models of iPhone. I too had faced this sound issue on my iPhone XS. When I was getting a call from my friend, I get distorted sound. It was irritating to me. I didn’t know what I have to do? I share this problem with my friend and he suggested some solutions to get rid of this problem. After tried, it was really surprising to me. Yes, the problem was gone and now, I can get clear sound during phone calls. Do you have this same issue? If yes, then read this article. Here I gonna share those solutions in this article.
Solution 1: Soft Restart your iPhone
- Press the power button and either volume up or down button until getting a slider.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- Wait for 20 to 30 seconds.
- To turn on your device, press and hold the power button until see an Apple logo.
Solution 2: Check the speaker
- Make sure that there is no dust or debris inside of the speaker.
- Clean the speaker with a small, dry, clean, soft-bristled brush to remove the dust or debris.
Solution 3: Disconnect Bluetooth Devices
- Go to Settings -> Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- Select the connected devices and tap (i) info icon.
- Then select “Forget this Device”.
- Do this same steps for all devices to disconnect.
Solution 4: Check for Software Update
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
- Now, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if an update is available.
Solution 5: Turn Off Phone Noise Cancellation
- Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility.
- Scroll down the page to find “Phone Noise Cancellation” and Turn off it.
Solution 6: Adjust Ringer and Alerts Volume
- Go to Settings -> Sounds.
- Adjust the Ringer and Alerts volume what you need.
Solution 7: Update Carrier Settings
- Go to Settings -> General -> About.
- If an update is available here, you just update it.
Solution 8: Reset All Settings
- Launch “Settings”->”General”->”Reset”.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm
Solution 9: Restore your iPhone
Above solutions didn’t work for you, try to restore your phone. Before doing this backup your device.
- First, connect your iPhone to the Mac.
- Then open iTunes on your Mac.
- Click iPhone icon at the top.
- Now, click the Summary tab at left corner.
- A pop-up box will appear to confirm the action and tap “Restore”.
- Then iTunes will restore your iPhone.
- When your phone restarts, you can see a few options. You have to select “Set Up as New iPhone”.
Hope any one of the above fixes will help you to get rid of this issue. If you know any other solution to fix this issue, just feel free to share with me through your comments below.