iPhone users have been complaining that their iPhone Alarm Not going off updating to iOS 12 on iPhone. Every morning I set Alarm for wake up. Suddenly Alarm not working after updating to iOS 12. This problem was frustrating to me. Then I told this problem to one of my friends and she gave me some solution to fix this problem. After trying, Alarm working properly. In this article, I am going to tell you how to fix Alarm not working issue on iPhone or iPad.
Solution 1: Force Restart
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 2: Check the Sound of your Phone
- Launch “Settings”.
- Click “Edit” -> “Alarm” -> “Sound”. Then check whether the sound is on or off.
Solution 3: Check iPhone’s Mute Switch
If the mute switch is on, you should turn off it. If it turns on, you can’t hear the sounds whether it is Alarm tone or Ringtone.
Solution 4: Delete Third Party Alarm Apps
If you use third-party apps for set Alarm, it might be the reason for this issue. So, you just remove the app and set Alarm on default App.
Solution 5: Remove Existing Alarms and Refresh
- Open “Clock” app on your iOS devices.
- At the bottom, click on the “Alarm” tab. Then you have to click on “Edit” button at the bottom of the left corner.
- You can see the “Red” color minus symbol click on it. Then tap the “Delete” button.
- Then Reboot your Device.
Solution 6: Reset All Settings
- Launch “Settings”->“General”->“Reset”.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Solution 7: Restore your iPhone in DFU/Recovery Mode
Above given solutions not work for you, you just restore your device via iTunes. This method may solve your problem. Before doing it, backup your iPhone. Because this action may erase all data from your device.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac/Computer via Lightning (USB) cable.
- Open iTunes on PC/Computer.
- Make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone
- Don’t leave Buttons after seeing the Apple Logo. Keep holding it until Recovery Mode screen (iTunes screen) appears.
- Select “Update” or “Restore” in the pop-up box. If you select “Update”, iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without deleting your data. Wait until the process is finished.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone.
Note: If it doesn’t work out, select “Restore” instead of “Update”.
Hope this article solves your problem “Alarm Not Working on iPhone in iOS 12”. If you have any Doubt regarding this article, tell us through your comment.