Many iPhone users have been complaining that they can’t update the Apps after updating to iOS 12. I have also had this issue on m iPhone. When I was trying to update my apps, I couldn’t. This problem was really annoying to me. Then I told this problem to one of my friends and he told me some solutions to fix this problem. After trying, I could update my apps. In this article, I am going to tell you how to fix Apps won’t update issue on your iPhone or iPad. If you have this same problem, then this article will help you to get rid of this problem. Let’s see the solutions.
Solution 1: Check your iPhone’s Storage
- Launch “Settings” -> “General”.
- Tap “iPhone Storage”. If the storage is full, sometimes you can’t update the apps. So, you have to delete some unwanted songs, videos, and photos.
- Then try to update the apps.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the App
If still, you can’t update the app, try to uninstall and reinstall the app from App Store. To uninstall the App,
- Press and hold the app that you want to delete. Hold this until app icons wiggling and X symbol appear.
- Click the “X” symbol to delete the app.
- Then download and install the app from the App Store.
Solution 3: Make Sure that Airplane Mode is Off
- Launch “Settings”.
- Turn off “Airplane Mode” if had already turned on.
- Another way to turn off Airplane mode is open control center and turn off it.
Solution 4: Check the Internet Connection
If you are using slow Wi-Fi or Cellular Data then you can’t update the updates. So, you have to use strong Internet Connection for update your apps. If Wi-Fi connection is slow, then you have to use Cellular Data. If Cellular data is slow, then you have to use Wi-Fi. Now, try to update the Apps.
Solution 5: Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
This action will delete all Wi-Fi passwords, APN and VPN settings of the iPhone.
Solution 6: Force Quit App Store
Try to force quit the App Store and Reopen it again. For that, press the home button twice and you will get the closed apps. Then you have to swipe up the app to force close and lock your Phone. After a few seconds, unlock your phone and try to update the apps which you need.
Solution 7: Sign Out of your Apple ID and Sign Back In
- Open “Settings” -> “your Apple ID”.
- Tap “iTunes and App Store”.
- At the top of the screen, click on your Apple ID.
- Tap “Sign Out”.
- Wait for few seconds and then relaunch “Settings” -> “Apple ID” -> “iTunes and App Store” -> “Sign In”.
Solution 8: Check Restriction for Installing Apps
- Launch “Settings” -> “General” -> “Restrictions”.
- Check Installing Apps. If the slider is off, then you can’t update the apps. So, you have to move the slider to on.
We hope this article solves your problem. If you have any doubts or ideas regarding this article, tell us through your comments.