Install Greyed out on your iPhone/iPad? Many Apple users had this issue after downloading iOS 12. They said they could download iOS 12 but they couldn’t install it. Here I going to tell you why it becomes greyed out and how to install it.
Why Install greyed out?
Probably, it is not an issue. If your iOS device has battery below 50%, iOS 12 won’t install. It will become greyed out. So, your iOS device needs at least/over 50% battery to install iOS 12. If battery percentage is an issue, you can see “This update requires at least 50% battery or to be connected to a power source” under Install Now that greyed out.
How to Install it When Install greyed out?
Solution 1: Connect your iPhone to a power source
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to a power source.
- Tap “Install Now” while charging.
Solution 2: Install iOS 12 after charging
- Connect your iPhone to a power source until it is charged over 50%.
- Disconnect it from a power source and then install it.
Solution 3: check your internet connection
- Make sure that your internet connection (Wi-Fi or Cellular Data) is good and speed.
- If you are using Wi-Fi, turn it off and restart your iPhone. Then turn on Wi-Fi and then install iOS 12.
- If you are using Cellular Data, turn it off turn it off and restart your iPhone. Then turn on Cellular data and then install iOS 12.
Solution 4: Turn on Wi-Fi Assist
When you turn on “Wi-Fi Assist”, your iPhone will automatically use Cellular Data when Wi-Fi connectivity is poor.
- Go to Settings->Cellular/Mobile Data->Wi-Fi Assist.
- Turn on “Wi-Fi Assist”.
If you know any other solutions to fix iOS 12 won’t install, let us know through your comments.