Many Apple users have a complaint that their iPhone battery draining fast after updating iOS 12.1. They said that it was fine before updating and after updating only this issue started. Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix this issue.
Solution 1: Turn off “Background App Refresh”
Turning on Background App Refresh will drain the battery level. So turn off background App Refresh.
- Go to Settings->General->Background App Refresh.
- Tap “Background App Refresh”.
- Select “Off” from 3 options (Off, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi & Mobile Data”.
Solution 2: Force Close Apps
Do force close apps everytime after using your iPhone. Because the apps running in the background may drain your iPhone battery.
For iPhone 8, 7, 6, & 5
- Double-click the Home Button.
- Now you can see all the apps that are running in the background.
- Swipe up all the apps.
For iPhone X
- From the Home Screen swipe up the screen.
- Now you can see recently closed apps.
- press and hold the app which you want to close.
- Tap ‘-’ symbol in the red circle at the left upper corner of the app (OR) after seeing ‘-’ symbol in the red circle, swipe all the apps up to close them.
For iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR
- Swipe up the screen from the bottom and pause in the center.
- Swipe all the apps up to close them forcely.
Solution 3: Turn off Wi-Fi, Cellular Data, Bluetooth
Don’t turn on Wi-Fi, Cellular Data, and Bluetooth when not necessary. Because they will always do some actions in the background of your iPhone. Those action will drain your iPhone battery.
Solution 4: Force Restart
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until he Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, & XR
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 5: Turn off “Auto-Brightness”
Auto-Brightness automatically adjusts the screen brightness according to lightning conditions. So turn it off and set the stable bright for your iPhone.
- Launch Settings->General->Accessibility->Display Accommodations.
- Toggle off (turn off) Auto-Brightness.
Solution 6: Reduce the Brightness
- Go to Control Center.
- Adjust the brightness level.
- Open Settings->Display & Brightness.
- Drag the slider to adjust the brightness.
Solution 7: Turn on “Low Power Mode”
Low Power Mode reduces battery consumption. When it is on, Background App Refresh, Mail Fetch, Hey Siri, some visual effects, and automatic downloads will be turned off or reduced.
- Go to Settings->Battery.
- Turn on “Low Power Mode”.
Solution 8: Check Battery consumption for Apps
- Launch Settings->Battery.
- Under “BATTERY USAGE”, you can see the battery consumption for each Apps. Find which one (app) makes your battery draining so fast.
Solution 9: Reset All Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your passcode and restrictions passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Note: Reset All Settings will remove all Bluetooth pairing details, saved Wi-Fi Networks & Passwords, and APN & VPN Settings.
Solution 10: Factory Reset
Before doing it back up your iPhone. Because this action will erase all data from your device.
To back up your iPhone,
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi/Cellular Data.
- Open Settings.
- Tap your Apple ID banner.
- Tap “iCloud”.
- Scroll down to find “iCloud Backup” and tap it.
- Enable “iCloud Backup”.
- Tap “Back Up Now”. Wait until the process is finished.
To Factory Reset your iPhone,
- Open Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Enter your Passcode if required.
- Tap “Erase iPhone” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Erase iPhone” to confirm.
- Wait until your iPhone restarts and then set up your iPhone as new.
- Downgrade your iOS device.
- Check Apple warranty status. If your iPhone covers warranty, take it to the Apple Service Center.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.