One of the Mac users had reported a problem that after upgrading to High Sierra, it seems to be frozen at times. He adds that sometimes it is frustrated because whenever his device freezes he couldn’t even come out of it. Then he used to force shut down to get off from this issue. Here, I gonna share some fixes to get rid of this issue so that you can also fix if the same issue persists on your device right…?
Fix 1: Restart your Mac
- Firstly, shut down your device.
- Then press the power button to turn on your Mac.
- Press the shift key until you see an Apple Logo on your device.
Fix 2: Turn off Location Services
- Go to the top Apple menu or search to find the System Preferences.
- Tap on Security and Privacy.
- Tap on Location Services and then turn it off.
Also read: MacOS High Sierra Install Stuck/Failed/Frozen? Here’s the Fix
Fix 3: Check for Updates
- Search App Store and there you can find an Updates option.
- Next, to it, you need to search for your Apps/Os Updates and tap on install.
Fix 4: Turn Off Night Shift Mode
- Firstly, tap on the Apple Logo and open System Preferences.
- Under that, tap on Display.
- There you can see three options for Display, Color, and Night Shift Mode.
- Just tap Night Shift Mode and then turn it off from Schedule option.
Fix 5: Close the Running Apps
To force close the Apps I can give you the three best alternatives.
- Direct click on the Apple Logo and then Click force quit Application.
- Use Keyboard Shortcuts (shift + Option + Command + ESC)
- You can find the running applications on the dock of your device. Just right click the Apps and then force close such Apps.
Fix 6: Maintain Storage Space
- Go to the Apple menu and tap on About This Mac.
- Then tap on Storage option.
- You can see Recommendations. Just tap on it and delete the unwanted options which ruin your storage space.
Fix 7: Disconnect Additional Devices
Sometimes, your device may get frozen because of connecting more devices. Therefore, try to disconnect the other devices like Printers or Speakers which are connected additionally to your Mac.
Hope any of the above fixes will help you to get rid of this issue. If you know any other solution to fix this issue then kindly share with me through your comments below.