This article will explain to you a very simple method to clear / Flush DNS records on macOS Catalina. So, its a very simple process and let’s get started.
Method: Flush DNS record using Terminal
For macOS Catalina
- Launch Terminal on your mac by launching Applications-> Utilities->Terminal.
- Then type in the command as shown below and hit enter.
sudokillall -HUP mDNSResponder
- Wait until the DNS gets cleared.
- Once after that, Restart your Mac.
For older version of macOS
- Launch Terminal and execute the following command below.
sudo dscacheutil - flushcache;sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
- Enter the password, if asked.
- Now your DNS record will be cleared successfully.
This helps in Flushing DNS records from your macOS Catalina. If you have any suggestions or comments leave that in the comment box below.