If you don’t want to receive phone calls, FaceTime calls or text messages from a particular person, you can easily add them to blocked list.
iOS also allow you to filter iMessages from particular person, who are not saved in your contacts.
How to add a contact or mobile number to blocked list
Follow my step by step guide to add someone to your blocked list from FaceTime, Messages app, Contacts or phone.
- Press the i symbol next to the mobile number/contact that you want to block. If you want to block persion in your Message app, open the conversion and press the Details, then press i symbol.
- Scroll down and press “Block this Caller” in Info screen.
- Press Block Contact.
How to open and edit your blocked list
You can view your blocked list contacts in Settings.
- Settings -> Phone -> Blocked.
- Settings -> FaceTime -> Blocked.
- Settings -> Messages -> Blocked.
How to filter iMessages from unknown senders
iOS 8.3 offer new feature to filter iMessages from people who are not save in your phone contacts.
Navigate to Settings -> Messages and enable “Filter Unknown Senderd”.
Now open your Messages app. You can see new tab for Unknown contacts.