Let’s learn How to Backup and Restore WhatsApp Chats on the iPhone with some simple steps. Before starting the solution, let us see how to export chats on WhatsApp.
How to export WhatsApp chats?
Exporting Chats helps us to view all the chats in a single page without scrolling. The drawback is you can’t restore these chats to the WhatsApp, but you can have multiple copies of chats on your iPhone.
- Firstly, launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Then, select the Chats area on the WhatsApp.
- Next, tap on a chat that you want to export.
- Now again tap on the profile to view the Contact Info and scroll down to select Export Chat.
- From the pop up select an area to which you want to save your Chat.
- Finally, click on Add to save your chat to a folder.
How to Back up WhatsApp chats
Before backing up the WhatsApp chats, let us see whether WhatsApp is linked with iCloud storage. For that
- First, Launch Settings on your iPhone.
- Second, tap on the Apple ID -> iCloud.
- Check whether iCloud drive and WhatsApp is toggled On.
- If not toggle On it to save your back up on iCloud.
Now, let us see “How to Back Up WhatsApp chats”
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Then tap on Settings on WhatsApp and select Chats from the list.
- Next, click on Chat Backup and press the Back Up Now option.
- Now, the Backup is stored on iCloud.
How to restore WhatsApp Chats
- On the Home Screen tap and hold the WhatsApp icon.
- Press the cross sign on the left top corner to delete the WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Then, go to the App Store and purchase the WhatsApp messenger.
- Open the app after installation and click on Agree and Continue.
- Then, enter the same phone number.
- Now tap on Restore chat history to restore your chat.
- Once after the process, click Next to start using WhatsApp.
These are the simplest and easy methods to Backup and Restore WhatsApp chats on your iPhone. If you have any other suggestions regarding backing up and restoring leave that in the comment box.