Many Apple users have a complaint that Background App Refresh not working on their iPhone. Some people said that it greyed out. One of the iPhone users said some solutions to fix this issue. Here I am going to share those solutions with you.
Why is Background App Refresh greyed out?
Main reasons for Background App Refresh greyed out are disabling Restrictions and enabling Low Power Mode. So enable Restrictions and disable Low Power Mode. Both are very important for Background App Refresh.
Solution 1: Enable Restrictions for Background App Refresh
- Go to Settings->General->Restrictions.
- Scroll down to find “Background App Refresh” and tap it.
- Select “Allow Changes”.
Solution 2: Disable Low Power Mode
When Low Power Mode is enabled on your iPhone, Background App Refresh won’t work.
- Launch Settings->Battery.
- Turn off “Low Power Mode”.
Solution 3: Restart your device
- Press and hold the Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the slide to power off screen appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- To turn on your device, press and hold the Power Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 4: Force Restart
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.