Since upgrading iOS 12 I have not experienced any issues on my Airdrop but now it doesn’t work fine. Whenever I try to share files between iPhone and Mac, the Airdrop on my device doesn’t work. It seems to be frustrated when I could share any of my files to mac then somehow I had fixed this “Airdrop Doesn’t Work iOS 12” issue with the help of tricks suggested by my friend Robert. Here I gonna share those trick with you so that you can also fix it.
Fix1: Check for Airdrop Connectivity
Make sure that the distance between your two devices is not so long and then check the Network Connections.
If you are trying to transfer files from your iPhone to Mac by using Airdrop application and when the Mac doesn’t show up Airdrop you can try this,
- Open Finder on your Mac and tap Airdrop in the sidebar.
- Make sure that your Mac is in an Airdrop ready mode.
Fix2: Turn off and turn on Bluetooth & Wifi icons
- Firstly, open control center by swiping up from the bottom of your device.
- Tap on Bluetooth icon and turn it off.
- Then tap on wifi icon and turn it off.
- Wait for few seconds.
- Again turn on both the Bluetooth and Wifi icons.
Fix3: Sign Out and Sign In iCloud Account.
- On your iPhone, launch Settings.
- Tap the Apple ID banner (at the top of the screen).
- Scroll down to see Sign Out option and then tap it.
- Tap Sign Out of iCloud if you have different accounts otherwise,
- Enter your Password and then turn off.
- Wait for few seconds and then again go back to Settings.
- Sign In your Apple ID.
- Again sign in back your iCloud account.
Fix4: Force Restart/Hard Reset (iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X)
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it.
- Then Press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Side button (Wake/Sleep button) until the Apple logo appears.
Note: don’t press Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time.
Fix5: Adjust Airdrop Settings
To adjust Airdrop settings on your iPhone, just open control center by swiping up from the bottom of your iPhone. Tap Airdrop and then tap Everyone.
Fix6 Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings” under Reset.
- Enter passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” to confirm the action.
Note: This process will delete all Wifi passwords, APN and VPN Settings of your device.
Fix7: Reset to Factory Settings
- Open Settings->General->Reset.
- Select “Erase All Contents and Settings”. Enter passcode if it is required.
- Then you will be asked to enter Apple ID password. Enter it. The reset process will take 1 or 2 minutes.
- Now turn on your device.
- You can see the Apps & Data screen with four options. Tap “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Sign in to iCloud. To do that you have to enter Apple ID & Password. Then tap “Next” at the right upper corner of the screen.
- Then tap “Agree” to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- The latest list of Backup for your iPhone will appear. Tap it. Restore will start.
Note: This process will remove all your data from your device. Therefore, it is advisable to take backup of all your data.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of an iOS device. If not… Update your device to the latest version.
- If your device is any Warranty Status, you can contact Apple Support for further repair or replacement.
Hope any one of the above fixes will help you to fix Airdrop issues on your device. If you know any other solution to fix this issue, then share your experience with me through your comments below.