Now SSD configuration has included on mac. For that, to check the SSD health of Mac. It is very important to check the SSD health on Mac. There are many tools to check SSD health on mac. Here, I give you a list of the best Mac apps to check Mac Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Mini Solid State drive health.
How to check SSD health on your Mac
On Mac, click the Apple Menu in the menu bar and again choose the About This Mac option. It will open, and click the System Report option. After that, select stores in the column of the system report screen. Now, you can see the current status of the SSD on your Mac.
Blackmagic Disk Speed Test (free)
- It will quickly measure and certify the disk.
- It will write test data and display the result as performance and status of your disk.
- It will continue to test writes and reads from the disk to evaluate the readability over time.
- It is an optimization tool for Solid State Drive on the Mac system.
- It enables TRIM functionality to non- Apple-branded disks.
- This will increases the durability of the disk by reducing I/O writing cycles.
- It will set hibernate mode and disable the sleep image.
- It’s able to read SATA system profile information and it allows you to easily check the TRIM status.
- It is an advanced drive health diagnostic and monitoring utility.
- It not only monitors the S.M.A.R.T status but also analysis the changes of drive health indicators related to SSD and HDD failures.
- It gives alerts immediately if anything goes wrong.
- It will access all-sufficient drive diagnostic data.
- It can display the SSD lifetime left indicator and save the driver’s health report.
SEE ALSO: 10 Best Windows Emulator for Mac
- It will bring trim to any Solid State Drive.
- It not only increases the data writing speeds but also increases the lifetime of SSD.
- It can monitor your disks and provide S.M.A.R.T to monitor relevant statistics and reports.
- It reports about both Hard and Solid State Drives.
- It has an inbuilt benchmark feature that will measure SSD or hard drive speeds with the Benchmark feature.
- It provides a comprehensive benchmarking solution.
- It is useful not only for comparing the relative speeds of two different
- Macintoshes, but also used for optimizing performance on a single machine.
- It can compare thousands of submitted benchmarks by using its graphical side-by-side comparison.
- The SSD technology offers more reliable SSD’s with small maintenance.
- It contains smartctl and smart packages to control and monitor your hard disk.
- It offers toll for real-time monitoring of Hard disk.
- It analyses and informs you about the potential disk degradation and failure.
- Smartmontools supports ATA/ATAPI/ SATA-3 to 8 disks and tape devices.
- It features simple, graphical indicators to show SSD health status and to indicate Total Bytes Written.
- It also determines SATA and AHCI compatibility and status.
- It has benchmarking feature that enables the user to test and compare the performance and speed.
- It has three different profiles like Maximum Performance, Maximum Capacity, and Maximum Reliability along with detailed descriptions of each OS setting.
Guys, these are the best tool to check the SSD health on Mac. And if you know any other tool for checking the SSD health apps for Mac. Feel free to do mention that in the comment section below.