Many iPhone users have been a complaint that their YouTube app keeps crashing after iOS 12 update. I know it’s an annoying issue. Here I am going to tell you some solutions to solve this problem. These solutions will be helpful for you to get rid of this problem.
Solution 1: Restart your iPhone
iPhone 8 Plus and Earlier
- Press and hold the Power button (Sleep/Wake) until you get a slider.
- To turn off your device, drag the slider.
- After a few seconds, again press and hold the power button until you get an Apple logo
iPhone X and Later
- Press the Power Button and either Volume Up or Down Button until getting power off slider.
- Then drag the slider to turn off your device.
- Wait for 20 to 30 seconds.
- To turn on your iPhone, press and hold the Power Button until getting an Apple Logo.
Solution 2: Reset All Settings
- Launch Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap “General”.
- Tap “Reset”.
- Now, select “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter the passcode if prompted.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box to confirm.
Solution 3: Force Close the App
- If you are using iPhone X and Later, then swipe up the screen to the center of the page. Then you will get apps and swipe up the youtube app to close
- If you are using iPhone 8 and Earlier, then double-click the Home button and you will get apps and swipe up the screen to close.
Solution 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the App
- Press and hold the app that you want to delete. Hold this until app icons wiggling and X symbol appear.
- Click the “X” symbol to delete the app.
- Then download and install the app from the App Store.
Solution 5: Update Youtube App
Update your YouTube App if a new update is available. This problem may be solved when you update it to the new version.
- Launch App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap “Updates” tab at the bottom.
- There you can see the apps which are all having updates. If an update is available for YouTube, you just update it.
Solution 6: Force Restart your iPhone
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XR, and XS Max
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 7: Check for Software Update
- Open Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap “General”.
- Scroll down the page and tap “Software Update”.
- Then tap “Download and Install”.
Solution 8: Using iMyFone iOS System Recovery
- Download and Install iMyFone iOS System Recovery and open it.
- Connect your iPhone to the Mac via USB cable.
- Now, you can see the option from the window you have to select “Standard Mode”.
- Put your device into Recovery Mode or DFU Mode. here you can see the instruction to do this.
- Then click on the “Download” button. It will detect your device with suitable firmware.
- Finally, click on the “Start” button to fix this issue.
Solution 9: Restore your iPhone using iTunes
Before doing this back up your iPhone because this action will erase your phone’s data.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac and Connect your iPhone to the Mac via USB cable.
- In iTunes window, you can see your iPhone’s icon click it.
- Then click the “Summary” tab.
- Now, click “Restore iPhone”. Wait until the process has done.
Hope these solutions will be solved your problem. If you know any other solutions to solve this problem, tell us through your comments.