Many iPhone users faced issue that YouTube not working on their phone. I have also faced this issue. When I was opening the Youtube App, the app was not working. It’s annoying. Somehow I resolved this problem. I have some solution to resolve this problem. Want to know how to rid of this problem? Read this article.
- Uninstall your Youtube App
When opening the YouTube app, it will get crash or not be responding. So, you just force close the youtube app. For that, double click the home button and then close the app. Then relaunch the app. If still not working, you must uninstall the app and reinstall it from the App Store
- Check your Internet Connections
We are using either Cellular data and Wi-Fi for watching the video. If you are watching video on 4G and change it to 3G. If you are using Wi-Fi, check the router signals. Then change the frequency from 5GHz band to 2.4 GHz band.
- Update the Modem Firmware
The firmware update may be the reason for YouTube not working. So, you should update the Router and Modem. Frequency Modem and Transmit Signals have used firmware.
- Video Quality
If you are using to watch video on high quality, change into a medium. Sometimes, the video won’t play on high quality because of your internet connection.
- Restore your iPhone
- Open iTunes on your PC or Mac. Then connect your iPhone to the Mac via USB cable.
- Tap your device icon. Then select the Summary tab and click “Restore iPhone”
- Then the pop-up will be asking to confirm restore and then click the restore.
- Update the YouTube App
Update the current version of youtube if it available. It will reduce the bugs. So maybe youtube will be working properly.
- Restart/Reset your iPhone or iPad
Force restart/Hard Reset (till iPhone 6)
- Press and hold the “Home Button”.
- At the same time, press and hold the “Wake/Sleep (Power) button” at the top right of the iPhone while holding the “Home Button”.
- Hold both buttons until the screen goes “black” and wait until the “Apple logo” appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 7)
- Press and hold the “Wake/Sleep (Power) button” at the right of the iPhone.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down button” on the left side while holding the “Wake/Sleep button”.
- Wait until the “Apple logo” appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 8 and iPhone X)
- Press “Volume Up button” and quickly release it. And then Press “Volume Down button” and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the “Slide button (Wake/Sleep button)” until the “Apple logo” appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
8. Reset Network Settings
- Launch “Settings” app on your devices.
- Click on “General” -> scroll down to find “Reset” and tap on it -> tap on “Reset Network Settings”.