Many of iOS 12 users have the yahoo mail not updating problem. I too have suffered from this same problem and now I have a fix on this ”iOS 12 Yahoo Mail Not Updating” issue. Here, I am going to share some tricks to fix this issue so that you can solve this issue easily.
Solution 1: Download and install the yahoo mail app
Make sure that you have downloaded the Yahoo mail app from the apple store.
Solution 2: Set password for a third-party application if prompted If you are using iPhone mail app, then you need to add a third-party password. To do this,
- Sign into “Yahoo” then open “Account Security” page.
- Tap on Manage app password.
- Select the App and click Generate.
- Read the instructions below the password.
- Click “Done”.
- Your password will be created.
- Now you can use this password and mail address for sign in.
Solution 3: Sign out and restart your iPhone
- Sign out of your mailbox.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Again login to the mail ID.
Solution 4: Turn On Cellular Data
- Go to Settings -> Cellular.
- Click on the “Mail app” to turn on.
- Make sure if the internet connection is good.
Solution 5: Set SMPT servers on your device
- Go to Settings-> Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap Yahoo-> Account ->Outgoing Mail Server SMTP.
- Enter your Username and Password.
- Set SSL to “Yes” and Port to “456”
Solution 6: Turn On “Allow apps that use the less secure sign in”
- Open “Yahoo” app and sign in.
- Tap on your Name and then “Account info”.
- Open “ Account Security”.
- Scroll down to find “Allow apps that use less secure sign in” and enable it
Solution7: Update your device
- Go to Settings-> General-> Software update.
- Check if an update is available.
- If so, download and install it.
Hope this fixes will be useful for you. If you know any other solutions to fix this issue then kindly share with me via comments below. Thank You…