One of the common issue found in the Xbox 360 is suddenly disk tray stuck and won’t open. When I hit the disc tray and now it stuck half open and closed.
Solution 1: Open and Close tray
- Find the tab on the left side of the tray.
- Use a pen to lift the tab and pull the tray out.
- Switch on the Xbox 360 and click the eject button.
- Insert the tray back in.
- Open and close the tray for few seconds to check the disk tray works properly.
Solution 2: Manually ejecting the XBOX E console( also XBOX S console)
- Disable the power cable and cords connected to the console.
- Remove the coil from a large paper clip.
- Like the DVD player place the console horizontally.
- Search for the eject hole, behind the vents of the console.
- Paperclip should be inserted straightly into the eject hole.
- Disk tray pops out slightly and uses your hands to pull it out.
Note: The disc should be kept horizontally, bcoz when you place it vertically the disc, leans to the right and blocks the ejection.
Solution 3: Manually ejecting the XBOX 360 S
- Disconnect the Power and cables on your console.
- Search for the two holes below the disk drive(left side) and insert the paperclip into the hole.
- Push the paper clip until you find the gear mechanism shows some resistance.
- The disk drive pops out slightly
- If the device doesn’t respond, insert the paperclip into the adjacent hole(right side).
- Connect the power cord to the console.
Solution 4: Hold the eject button.
- Press the eject button.
- Pull up the tray, when the device is trying to eject.
- Hold the button for a long time and repeat the process.
Solution 5: Removal of dust
- Remove the metal case using screwdrivers.
- Use a thin material(paper clip) to open the disk tray.
- Take out the rubber drive belt connecting the motor to the gears.
- Clean these parts finely with soap or hot water or a nice sponge and grease the drive.
- Rearrange the parts.
Solution 6: Switch on your XBOX
- Insert a paperclip into the tray.
- Switch your XBOX ON and OFF.
- Finally, the disk tray will open.
If you knew any other solutions about how to “Fix: Xbox 360 disk tray stuck, won’t open”, inform us using comment.