Many iPhone X users have been facing an issue that their iPhone X wireless charger stopped working. This is one of the common problems for users. one of my friends also had this Wireless charger not working on their iPhone X issue. Have you same wireless charger stopped working issue? In this article, I am going to tell you the fixes for this problem. If you have this problem, you can try these fixes.
Solution 1: Restart your iPhone
- Press and hold the side button until getting “Slider” on your screen.
- Then drag the slider to turn off your iPhone X. Now, your phone will be turned off.
- After that, again press and hold the side button until getting Apple logo.
Solution 2: Remove the Case
This method may fix your problem. You just remove the case and try to charge it again. If it works, then you have to try another new Case for your iPhone X.
Solution 3: Force Restart your iPhone
- Press “Volume Up button” and quickly release it. And then Press “Volume Down button” and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the “Power” button until the “Apple logo” appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 4: Make Sure that Charger is Qi-Enabled
This is important for iPhone 8 and 8 plus and an iPhone X. These work fine with Qi-enabled chargers. If your iPhone does not work properly, you should use Qi-enabled charging pads.
Solution 5: Update iOS
- Open “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Then click “General” -> click “Software Update”. If an update available here, you just click “Download and Install”.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Click “Agree” to the Terms and Conditions.
- Again click “Agree” to begin the process.
Solution 6: Place your iPhone Correctly in the Center of Charging Pad
Sometimes it may not work properly when your phone is not at the center of charging pad. So, you have to put it properly. Then check whether it’s work or not.
Solution 7: Restore your phone in DFU/Recovery Mode
Before doing it make sure that you took a Back Up. because this action will erase all data on your phone.
- Connect your iPhone X via Lightning (USB) cable to the Mac or PC.
- Open iTunes on your PC or MAC. Make sure that iTunes is upgraded to latest version.
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it. And then Press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Slide button (Wake/Sleep button).
- Don’t leave it after seeing Apple logo appears.
- Keep holding until the recovery mode screen appears. A box will open with three option. Choose “Restore” or “Update”. Wait until the process is finished.
- Then restart your device.