When I Install window 10 my iPhone iTunes not identified on windows 10 also can’t sync and backup issues happen to me and I heard that many iPhone users also having the same issue. To solve this issue I had tried some methods and it works. So In this article, I’m gonna share those steps to solve your problem too. I hope it will useful for you.
Fix 1: Make sure that you have the Latest iTunes version
One of the most common reasons why iTunes not identified in window 10 is because of not updating the latest version. So focus on Windows 10 to update iTunes.
Fix 2: Uninstall and Reinstall iTunes
- Open Control Panel.
- Select Device Manager.
- Right-click on your Apple device.
- Tap Uninstall the Apple device.
- Unplug your iPhone.
- And plug it again.
Fix 3: Reset Location & Privacy
- Launch “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and then tap General > Reset.
- Tap “Reset Location & Privacy” under Reset.
- Enter passcode if required and tap “Reset Settings” to confirm the action.
Fix 4: Connect your device to computer using USB Cable
- Tap “Start” on your Windows.
- Click “Control Panel”.
- Select “Devices and Printers”.
- Here you can see your Apple devices. Then Right-click it and click “Properties“. Note: If your Apple device not shown in Devices and Printers then make sure that your device whether connected or not.
- Select the “Hardware” and then click Properties.
- Then tap “General” and then click Change Settings Button.
- In the same page tap Driver and in this click Update Driver.
- Now choose the “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Click Browser and then type” C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers”.
- If the above folder does not work then try “C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Devices Support\Drivers”.
- Click Next.
Note: If still not works then reinstall iTunes.
Fix 5: Check services are running
- Click the Start button.
- Type “Services.mac”.
- Click Enter.
- Make sure that the following services are connected or not.
- iPod Service
- Apple Mobile Device Service
- Bonjour Service
Fix 6: Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service on Windows
- Close iTunes and then disconnect the device which is currently connected.
- By using the Run Command press logo key and R key simultaneously.
- Then type services.msc and click ok.
- Now the service window will be displayed.
- Right-click on your Apple device and tap “Properties”.
- Here a pop-up box will display and then select “General”.
- Set Startup type as “Automatic”.
- Tap “Stop” to stop the service.
- Make sure if your service has stopped or not. If it stopped then click Start the service.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- Finally, open iTunes and connect the devices.
Hope the above methods will be useful for you. If you have any doubt regarding this article, please share us via comments. Thank You.