I am an iPhone User. Recently I am facing a problem that I couldn’t find the Wi-Fi icon on my device. Sometimes it seems to be a frustrating issue and still, it happens often on my iPhone. Then, what I did is… had shared this serious issue with my friend Alex and he gave me some tricks to fix it. Here, I gonna share those tricks with you so that you can get rid of it if the same issue persists on your device.
Fix 1: Restart your device
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears.
- Now slide to power off
- Again, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see an Apple Logo to restart it.
Fix 2: Reset your device
- Press the Home Button and Sleep Button simultaneously until you see an Apple Logo
- You can just ignore the slider and continue to hold a button for 5-15 seconds.
Note: You will not lose any of your data or settings by doing this fix.
Fix 3: Turn Off and then Turn On Wi-Fi
- Go to Settings-> Wi-Fi->Forget this Network.
- Reboot your device and wait for few seconds.
- Again log in your Wi-Fi Network.
Fix 4: Power Cycle your Router
- Switch Off and Unplug the Power from your router.
- Wait for few seconds.
- Again plug the power back into the router and check whether your device is connected to the internet
Fix 5: Reset Network Settings
After resetting Network Settings, reconnect your Wi-Fi network and then try connecting it again.
Launch Settings-> General->Reset->Reset Network Settings.
Fix 6: Restore your device to Factory Settings
Go to Settings -> General-> Reset-> Erase All Content and Settings and then confirm an action.
Note: It is advisable to backup all your data before doing this fix.
Fix 7: Turn Off Location Services
Always make sure to turn off the unwanted location services for unused apps.
Launch Settings-> Privacy-> Location Services-> Turn it off.
See also: Fixed: iPhone X Face ID Not Working After Changed Screens
Fix 8: Force Restart
- Press Volume Up button and release it quickly.
- Press Volume Down button and release it quickly.
- Again press and hold the Wake/Sleep button until you see an Apple Logo on your device.
Fix 9: Update iOS
- Launch Settings->General->Software Update ->Download and Install.
- Enter your Passcode if it is needed and then tap to confirm an action.
- Check whether your device is under Warranty Status, If yes, then contact Apple Store for further help.
Hope any one of the above fixes had helped you to get rid of this issue. If yes, kindly share your experience with me through your comments below. Thank You…