Whatsapp microphone is not working on iPhone for video calls. I don’t know why. But it is working while receiving calls. There is no sound on video calls. One of the iPhone user said some solutions to fix this issue. If you have the same issue, this article will help you to fix it.
Before trying these solutions make sure that your network is good and speed.
Solution 1: Check for phone and app issues
- Unplug the headphones from headset jack if you are using while speaking. Then check whether the mic is working or not.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Make sure that your finger is not blocking the microphone/receiver while speaking.
Solution 2: Check your iPhone’s Case
The case on your phone may hide the mic. So remove the phone’s cover/case and check whether the mic is working or not.
If the case is the reason of your problem, change it immediately.
Solution 3: Clean your microphone
Clean your microphone with the small and soft brush. Because debris may block the microphone/phone receiver.
Solution 4: Enable “Phone Noise Cancellation”
- Launch Settings->General->Accessibility.
- Scroll down to find “Phone Noise Cancellation” and turn it on.
Solution 5: Check for Software Update
- Launch Settings->General->Software Update.
- If update is available, tap “Download and Install”.
Solution 6: Contact the App Developer
- Go to App Store.
- Search for the app (Whatsapp) and tap it.
- Tap “App Support” under Ratings & Reviews.
- Replace the microphone/speaker on your iPhone.
- Try Reset Network Settings.
- Force Close Apps
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.