I was excited to use my iPhone X when I get it. But frustrated, because I couldn’t even get the proper network. Most of the time I could see a weak signal. If I change the same sim on my iPhone 8 it works fine. I regret bought that iPhone X, but one of the users suggested some solutions to solve this issue. Now it works fine.
Let’s see how to recover from iPhone X weak signals.
To do first:
Apple using different modems in different places and so the performance also will differ.
- The USA -> (model A1865) -> Fastest and provide the best signal while comparing with other models.
- Japanese -> (model A1902)
- Canadian -> (model A1901)
To know your model
- Launch Settings -> About -> Model Number.
- There you can find your iPhone X’s model.
Fix 1: Turn off LTE
You should lock your iPhone to 3G service instead of LTE protocols.
Fix 2: Disable 4G
Turn your 4G off in Mobile data options. But let the cellular data on, to access 2g and 3G
Fix 3: Deactivate Wifi assistant
- Just deactivate Wifi assistant.
- Launch Settings -> Cellular -> Locate -> Wi-Fi Assistant option.
- Then just turn the Wi-Fi Assistant off.
Note: This may connect your iPhone X with any WiFi connection even if it won’t provide the fastest network.
Fix 4: Via Carrier Network
- To fix the network problems at times you need to adjust the Carrier Network. For that
- First, check your iPhone connected to a cellular network or Wifi connection.
- If it’s on go to Settings -> General -> About.
- In that search, if there is an update on the Carrier Network.
- Also check versions of carrier settings, because whenever you are inserting a new sim card into your iPad or iPhone you need to download a new carrier in Carrier Settings.
Note: Sometimes SIM cards used more than 2 years won’t work like the new ones.
Fix 5: Remove SIM
- Just remove your SIM then insert it again.
- If you find any dust just blow it off.
- At times you need to deactivate the Cellular data.
- Also, try to send your problem to O2 via My NetWork App.
If you knew any other solutions for this issue, share it with us through your comments.