Lot of Mac users reported this issue. Old Wacom tablets no longer works after upgrading to OS X Yosemite. This issue also happened in Mavericks.
Devices: Intuos 2 XD-0608-U, Intuos GD-0608-U, Intuos 4, Intuos 5.
- Open applications folder and locate Wacom Tablet folders.
- Use utility in each folders and choose “Remove” option under “Tablet software”.
- After software is removed, restart your Mac computer.
- Finally download and install latest 6.39 driver.
If the latest version (6.39) does not fix your issue, visit Legacy drivers page and install 6.2.0w4 driver.
Solution 3: (for old Bamboo fun)
- In your system preferences, uninstall wacom app.
- Go to http://us.wacom.com/en/support/drivers/
- Find latest drivers for Bamboo tablets.
- Download and install MacOSX – Driver 5.3.5-4 (10.7x – 10.10x).
Note : If you can’t access tablet’s Preferences panel in the System Preferences, change the mode of system preferences app to 32 bit.
Before doing these steps, backup your preferences. After installed latest driver, click the backup setting file to put settings back.
If you have any other Wacom driver issues in OS X Yosemite, do let us via comment.