Most of them will forget the WiFi password because we saved the password on the iPhone. While the problem will occur when connecting to other devices, We could not get them back to connect the device through WiFi. Since the password is saved on the same device. Here you can learn how to see the saved passwords for previously connected WiFi networks on the iPhone and iPad.
The Fact: You can’t directly access saved WiFi passwords on any iOS device without jailbreaking. But I do not recommend jailbreaking if your device is under warranty.
Use 1Password like iPhone apps to store your WiFi network passwords.
Method 1: If you have a Mac connected to the same WiFi network, you can find the stored passwords in the Keychain Access app. Here, let’s break down the steps to finding the password.
- On your Mac, go to the Apple icon and click the System Preferences.
- Within that, choose the iCloud option.
- There you can find the Keychain option and turn on it.
- Now, launch the Keychain Access app and once it opens enter the WiFi network and click Enter.
- Once the network list appears, then double-click it.
- At last, click the Show Password option on the left side of the screen to view the saved password.
- It will ask you to enter the keychain password and hit Enter.
- Now you can see the network password on the screen. That’s it.
Method 2: If you have an Apple Airport-based device, you can log straight into it using the AirPort utility to view the password at the source.
Method 3: If you are using an iPhone or iPad with iOS 7, use iCloud keychain to sync your iPhone or iPad’s saved WiFi password to other devices like a Mac, and you can read the password in the Mac keychain as per # 1.
Next, on Mac, enable keychain syncing via System Preferences->iCloud preferences and use the keychain utility to inspect the iCloud keychain.
View a previously saved WiFi password on a jailbroken iPhone
If you have a jailbroken iPhone, check out WiFi Passwords on Cydia. It allows you to view the user name and password for the Wifi network.
Also, try to install a nifty tweak named NetworkList from Cydia. If you install this app, you can find stored passwords in iOS 8 (Settings->WiFi->Network passwords) and iOS 7 (Settings->WiFi->Known Networks).
We hope the above guides should help you to get the saved wifi password on your iPhone. And, if you have any questions or comments about this article, please leave them in the comments section below. Thank you for reading this article. Bye-bye.