Apple TV has ability to learn any 3rd party remote functions. So you can use your old remote or buy new Universal remote control.
- First find a remote which has key for left, right, up, down, back and select.
- Use your iPad or iPhone remote app to navigate the General menu option and go to Remotes menu option.
- Choose “Learn Remote” from the Remotes menu options. If you have your remote ready and then choose “start”.
- Apple TV will popup a options box to press the appropriate remote button (holding it down) for each command until it recognised it.
- After it learn the buttons for each of the six commands, it will all you to name the remote.
- Now you have a remote which is working with Apple TV.
SEE ALSO : How to Connect Apple TV to WiFi without Original Remote
If you have any issues using third party remote control with Apple TV, inform us via comment.