People who have installed OS X Yosemite on MacBook are facing a problem that their USB modem connectivity issues after installing it. Follow the solution listed out below to fix this USB Modem Not Working issue.
The following modems are perfectly working with OS X Mavericks. But after upgrading to OS X Yosemite they stopped working.
- HUAWEI EC315 USB modem
- Huawei hi-link E3131, E3231
- ZTE MF190
- Huawei E303 Mobile Broadband 3g dongle
- Turkcell VINN ZTE MF667 USB mode
- mobiconect usb ZTE MF 667
So let’s see how to fix that problem in this article. Go through it completely and solve your issue.
Solution No 1: Restart your Mac
The First and foremost solution is restarting your Mac. Restarting the method will solve most of the common problems that occur in Mac. Since it is related to USB Modem connectivity issues, so you can try this method and solve your problem. For that,
- Click on the Apple Logo on the top left side of your mac.
- Choose the Restart option in that.
- If you left any of the windows unclosed, a pop-up appears to close the opened window or apps.
- Once you have done that, your Mac will be restarted. That’s it.
Solution No 2: Install HiLink.zip
- Download and install this module HiLink.zip
- The procedures to be done are given on the website page.
- Since it is a USB modem issue, download and install this HiLink.zip and check whether your problem is solved or not.
- Many people have said that this solution has solved their problem. So you can also give it a try.
Solution No 3: Add your Modem to Network Setting
This solution solved the ZTE USB modem connectivity issue. And it is worked out for many people so you can also give it a try.
Step 1: Go to System Preferences and select Network.
Step 2: If you see your USB connection name on the left side go to step 4. If you can’t see it, select + icon.
Step 3: Then select your interface and set your service name and click the create button.
Step 4: Now select ZTEUSBModem on the left side and set the following details.
Telephone Number: #99*
Account Name and Password must be blank. Then select Advanced.
Note : Enter telephone number #99* for GSM or #777 for CDMA.
Step 5: Now set the following options as given here.
Step 6: Click the OK button and connect.
I think these solutions might have helped you for sure. If it is not solved yet, then contact Apple support and tell your queries with them. And if you have any doubts or clarifications regarding this article then tell me through the comments section. And keep supporting iPhonetopics.com