macOS Catalina has some trouble to Unzip the files and folders on Mac. Some users told me that when they try to open the Zip files on their Mac it can’t open. Once I’ve faced this same problem and today I’m going to share those solutions which worked for me. So, do try these solutions to fix the issue.
Method 1: Using Terminal to Unzip files
Let’s try Terminal to unzip the files on macOS Catalina.
- Launch Terminal on your Mac by tapping on Applications ->Utilities ->Terminal.
- Then type the following commands.
- Type UnZip File or Folder name.zip (example.zip).
- And click on the Enter button.
- This will help in unzipping the files. If not try the next method to unzip files.
Method 2: Rename the zip files (not sure but helped few)
- Select the zip files and right-click on it.
- Now tap on the Get Info and select Name & Extension option.
- Under the option, you could see the name of the zip file.
- Just change .zip to. unzip.
- This helps in converting the zip file into a normal file.
Method 3: Uncompress the zip file
- To uncompress the files or folder on mac just double-click on the file.
- It will create an uncompressed file or folder.
- Or right-click on the zip file and tap on Quick Look “filename.zip” from the option.
- Now you could see the zip file details. From that choose Uncompress from the top right corner.
- Now the file will be uncompressed on your mac.
I hope all the above solutions will help in sorting out the issue. If you have any other doubts or suggestions regarding this article let me know through the comments. And if you find this informative share it with your friends. Thank you.