Following are some methods to unpair the Apple wireless keyboard without the original computer
Method 1: Use Power button
- Remove the batteries for few seconds and put them back.
- Press and hold the Power button on the keyboard.
- If you’re paired computer is not in range, keyboard LED will start blinking and ready for pairing attempt with another computer.
Method 2: Use Alt+Ctrl
- Go to ‘Ease of access’.
- Type without the keyboard (on-screen keyboard).
- Hold down Alt+Ctrl and Click on Delete.
Method 3: Turn on Bluetooth in Control Panel
Take keyboard and laptop/desktop to an isolated place where you know there are no Bluetooth signals.
- Turn off Bluetooth in Control Panel.
- Take off battery cover to the keyboard to make sure it’s off.
- Screw battery cover back on (don’t turn on the keyboard yet!).
- Turn on Bluetooth in Control Panel and then press power on the keyboard.
- When you see the green light blinking on the keyboard top right corner click pair on the Control Panel.
Method 4: Reset keyboard
- Go to the System Preferences, then Keyboard.
- Set Up Bluetooth Keyboard.
- Hold down the power button of the keyboard.
- If you hold it down for 4 or 5 seconds, the setup panel will change from “No keyboard found” to “keyboard found”. Don’t let go to the button.
- While still holding down that Power button you need to use your mouse to press “Next” on the dialogue.
If none of the above method works takes your Apple Wireless Keyboard to near Apple store.