Some of Mac Users had reported a problem that, whenever they tried to sign in their iCloud they get “An Unknown Error Occurred”. It seems to be a very frustrating issue. Recently, I too had experienced this same issue after upgrading to Mojave. Then somehow I had fixed this issue with the help of tricks suggested by my friend Wilson. Here, I gonna share those tricks with you so that you can get rid of this issue so easily.
Before trying the fixes make sure that,
- You have a stable and speedy internet connection.
- You are using the latest version of macOS on your device.
Fix 1: Sign Out and Sign In iCloud Account
- Firstly, go to the Apple Menu at the top left of your Mac screen.
- Then tap System Preferences and Choose iCloud Panel.
- Now Sign Out iCloud and confirm an action.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Again Sign in your iCloud account and give a try.
Note: Before doing this fix, it is advisable to back up your iCloud data
Fix 2: Force quit iCloud Apps
- Press Command + Option + Esc to bring “Force Quit Applications”.
- Now click on the App Name to select and then press “Force Quit”.
- Likewise, you can force quit all your iCloud Apps.
Fix 3: Reboot your Mac in Safe Mode
- Press and hold the Power Button until your Mac turns off.
- Again press the Power Button to turn on your Mac.
- Then press and hold the Shift Key immediately after pressing the Power Button.
- Now you can see the Apple Logo on the screen. Keep pressing the Shift Key until you see the Login Window.
- Enter your User Name & Password to login. You may need to login twice if FileVault is turned on.
Fix 4: Check for iCloud Service
Check whether if iCloud service is working or not. If it doesn’t work then the issue happens because of a poor iCloud server. To verify that you can check the Apple’s system status page.
Fix 5: Remove iCloud Configuration Files
Before doing this fix, make sure that you have taken a backup of all your data from your device.
- Open Finder and then choose the “Go” menu.
- Then select “Go To Folder”.
- Enter -/Library/Application Support/iCloud/Accounts/
- Next copy the files found in this location to a desktop.
- Now remove the files from the -/Library/Application Support/iCloud/Accounts/ folder.
- Reboot your Mac and then re-login to iCloud.
Fix 6: Check for Apple ID
Make sure that you are using the same Apple ID on your Mac, iCloud and iOS devices.
Fix 7: Remove Keychain Entries
- Open Keychain Access under the utility folder of your Applications folder.
- From the list of keychains on the left side of the window select Login.
- Select All items under category list.
- Search for entries of IDS and delete all entries that have IDS.
- Search for entries of FaceTime and delete all entries of FaceTime.
- Search for entries of Messages and delete all entries of Messages.
- Likewise, remove all your Keychain Entries.
Hope any one of the above fixes will be helpful for you. If you find this article as useful or if you know any other solution to fix this “Unknown Error Occurred on iCloud” issue, then kindly share your experience with me through your comments below. Thank You…