Many iPhone users have complained that they got an error “unable to complete touch ID setup please go back and try again error” when they add a fingerprint. It causes touch screen not responding issue, software related issue and sometimes hardware issue also happens. I think this is a big problem who are having this issue. But you don’t need to worry about this problem. Yes! I will tell you some solutions to fix this problem. I hope this article solves your problem.
Solution 1: Turn Off and On iTunes & App Store and Add a New Fingerprint
- Go to Settings -> Touch ID and Passcode.
- Then enter your Passcode.
- Turn off the iTunes & App Store.
- Now, restart your iPhone by pressing the power button until you get a slider and drag the slider to turn off your device.
- Again press the power button until the Apple logo appears.
- Now, go to Settings -> Touch ID & Passcode and enter your passcode
- Turn on iTunes & App Store.
- Next, tap on “Add a Fingerprint” and now you can add a new fingerprint.
Solution 2: Turn on Rest Finger
- Go to Settings -> General.
- Tap on “Accessibility” and “Home Button”.
- Scroll down the page and turn on Rest Finger.
Solution 3: Check for Software Update
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- If an update available here, you just click “Download and Install”.
- Then follow the instruction to update.
- Calendar Invitation Error “Your response to the invitation Cannot be Sent” – Fixed
- Fix “The phone number is not registered with iMessage” error on Mac, iPad & iPhone
- HomPod Setup Failed Error 301003? Here’s the solution
Solution 4: Force Restart Your iPhone
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 5: Erase All Content and Settings
Before doing this back up your device because this action will erase your phone’s data.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset.
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Here you can see three options in the pop-up box.
- If you want to back up your device, tap “Backup then Erase”.
- If you have already taken a backup, then tap “Erase Now”.
- Wait until the process is finished.
- Then again add a new fingerprint.
Note: Saved Touch ID will reset automatically.
Hope this article has solved your problem. If you have any doubt or idea regarding this article, tell us through your comments.