Private browsing feature protects your personal information and block website from tracking your behaviour. Safari not remember webpages you visit, search history and auto fill form informations.
Enabling or disabling Private browsing option in Safari is different in each iOS version like iOS 9, iOS 8 or iOS 7. So we create common post for private browsing option in iOS devices.
Also Read our earlier guide : How to Turn on Private Browsing option in iOS 8.
How to Turn On private browsing on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch (iOS 9, iOS 8 and later versions)
- Open Safari app on iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- Press the Double square icon.
- Press Private button to turn on private browsing.
If private browsing on Safari browser appears black or dark mode instead of white or gray color.
Turn on Private browsing (iOS 7 or earlier versions)
- On iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, open Safari app.
- Tap + plus icon to open a new tab.
- Then tap private.
Turn OFF Private browsing on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch (iOS 9, iOS 8 and later versions)
- Open Safari app on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Tap the double square icon.
- Press private to turn of the private browsing mode.
Turn OFF Private browsing (iOS 7 or earlier versions)
- On iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, open Safari browser.
- Press + plus icon to open a new tab.
- Then press private.
This method is same for all iOS device like iPad 3 & 2, iPad air, iPad mini or iPhone 6.