Many of the iPhone users have the problem of touchscreen not working or not responding after their device is updated to latest iOS version. Generally, it was the simple problem you can get rid of this issue by following some easy solutions. Here I gonna share those solutions with you.
Solution 1: Hard Reset/Force Restart
- Press “Volume Up button” and quickly release it. And then press “Volume Down button” and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Slide button (Wake/Sleep button) until the Apple logo appears.
Solution 2: Force Restart
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 3: Check screen issues
- Make sure that your finger is clean and dry. Clean your finger before touching the screen.
- Remove the case from your iPhone.
- Remove the screen protector (Tempered Glass/Scratch Cover)from your iPhone.
- Check if there is any liquid or oil on the screen of your iPhone. If it is so, clean your iPhone with a soft cloth
Solution 4: Plug in your iPhone to Power Source
- Connect your phone to a power source for up to an hour.
- Now you can see charging the screen.
- If you can’t see the charging screen, check the jack, power adapter, and USB cable. Make sure that there is no debris into the jack and they are not damaged.
- Make sure that you are using the charger that came with your iPhone.
Solution 5: Restore your iPhone in DFU/Recovery Mode
Before doing it, back up your iPhone. Because this action may erase all data from your device.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac/Computer via Lightning (USB) cable.
- Open iTunes on PC/Computer.
- Make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone (follow all three steps from solution 2).
- Don’t leave the buttons after seeing the Apple Logo. Keep holding it until Recovery Mode screen (iTunes screen) appears.
- Select “Update” in the pop-up box. Wait until the process is finished
- Then Force Restart your iPhone.
Hope this article is useful for your problem. If you find this article is helpful for your problem or any doubt regarding this article kindly share with me via comments.