Many iPhone users have been complaining that their text messages going to wrong recipients after iOS 12 update. If they sent a message to one friend, it went to another one. Whenever they try the same issue happened to them. In this article, I am going to tell you some solutions to fix this problem.
Solution 1: Force Restart your device
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, XR, Xs, and Xs Max
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 2: Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Solution 3: Reset All Settings
- Go to “Settings”->“General”->“Reset”.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Solution 4: Turn On and Turn Off Airplane Mode
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Turn on Airplane Mode.
- Wait for few seconds, turn it off back.
Solution 5: Restore your Phone
If the above solutions didn’t work for you, try this.
- First, connect your iPhone to the Mac.
- Then open iTunes on your Mac.
- Click iPhone icon at the top.
- Now, click the Summary tab at left corner.
- A pop-up box will appear to confirm the action and tap Restore.
- Then iTunes will restore your iPhone.
- When your phone restarts, you can see a few options. You have to select “Set Up as New iPhone”.
We hope this article has solved Messages issue on your iPhone. If you have any doubt or idea regarding this article, tell us through your comments.