Many Mac users have a question that what is High Sierra storage size. Because it takes so much space on Mac. They don’t know how to clear system storage. Here I am going to tell you how to check which takes most of the space on Mac and how to clear system storage.
Solution 1: Check storage in Safe and Normal Mode
Step 1: Restart your Mac in Safe Mode.
- Press and hold the Shift Key. You can see the Apple Logo on the Screen.
- Keep pressing the Shift Key until you see the Login Window.
- Enter your User Name & Password to login. You may need to login twice if FileVault is turned on.
Step 2: Check the storage in Safe Mode
- Go to Apple Menu->About This Mac->Storage. In safe mode, your system will show accurate usage and remaining space.
- Tap “Manage”. Now you can see how much storage each app using.
Step 3: Restart your mac in Normal Mode.
Step 4: Try a step 2 and check the storage.
Solution 2: Turn off (disable)TimeMachine
Turn off TimeMachine and then restart your Mac. This action will erase all cache files. Now check the storage.
How to free up Space on Mac?
- Go to Users->your User Name->Library->Application Support->Adobe->Common >Media Cache Files. Delete everything in cache folder.
- Delete everything in the Trash folder.
- Delete the apps that you are not using for long.
- Download OmniDiskSweeper. It will show which one takes most of the space on your mac. Find and delete that folder.
- Delete old TimeMachine backups.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.