You are not ready to update your Mac to the latest Catalina version. If the software update notification annoying you anytime. This article will help you to block and hide the software update notification on your Mac.
1. Change the Preference Settings
- On Apple Menu->System Preferences.
- Click on the Software Update option.
- Then, Click on the Advanced option.
- Now, Uncheck the following options: Check for updates, Download new updates when available, install macOS updates.
- Enter the password if needed.
- Finally, Click on the “OK” button.
2. Stop Notifications using Terminal
- Open Terminal using Spotlight Search.
- Now, run the following commands and hit on the Enter,
sudo softwareupdate --ignore "macOS Catalina"
- Now, enter your system password and again hit on the Enter.
- Then, again run the following command and hit on the Enter,
defaults write com.apple.Systempreferences AttentionPrefBundleIDs 0 killall Dock
- Finally, Restart your Mac.
That’s it, it will turn Off the software update notification on your mac. If you are ready to update the software on your Mac then you can reset these settings by using the following command.
sudo softwareupdate --reset-ignored
So, hope you have fixed the software update notification problem? If yes, let me know in the comments. Thank You…