MacOS Mojave brings a great new feature includes a dark mode, desktop stack, news apps and so on. However, most of the mac users experienced that Mac running too slow after updating the iOS latest version. There are lots of reasons follows that why this happens?
-> Low disk space
-> Apps running at the background
-> Hardware issues
-> Cause of new display effects
-> Auto – running programs
In this article, I will guide you with a simple tutorial to speed up your Mac performance immediately. So, Let’s get started.
Method 1: Disable Auto-run programs
- On Apple Menu, Select System Preferences.
- Then, select “User’s & Group” -> login terms.
- Now, Check the app box and select on the “–” button to remove the program/applications that will open automatically when you log on the Mac.
Method 2: Disable power-hungry apps running in the background
- Open Application -> Utilities-> Activity Monitor-> CPU.
- Now, identify and double tap on the application that is taking large CPU running space in the “%CPU” list.
- Then, Click on the “X” button at the top left corner to “Quit or Force Quit” option to close the application.
- This will increase your Mac performance immediately.
Method 3: Disable Dynamic Desktop
- Go to System Preferences -> Desktop ->Screen Saver.
- Now, pick a new wallpaper to use.
Method 4: Change Display Settings
- Open System Preferences -> Accessibility-> display.
- Now, Check the “Reduce Motion & Reduce Transparency” option.
Method 5: Clear users cache on Mac
- Launch Finder -> Go option.
- Now, Choose the “go to folder” option.
- Now, type /Library/Caches and select Go option.
- Now, open each folder and delete the files.
Note: Don’t delete the folder, delete only files inside the folder.
Method 6: Free Up the RAM
- Launch “Terminal“.
- On the prompt window, type “sudo purge” and hit on the enter key.
- Then, Enter your system password.
Method 7: Reinstall your Mojave OS
- Restart your Mac.
- Now, Immediately press & hold the cmd + opt+ R Keys together until the MacOS windows appear on the screen.
- Select Reinstall macOS option and choose “Continue”.
- Then, agree with the terms and select “Macintosh.HD” and choose on the “Continue or install” option to begin the re-installation process.
Note: If the installation has completed, the mac will boot up like a new one.
Method 8: Reset SMC
- Shut-down your mac.
- Now, Plug-in the power cord.
- Immediately, press & hold the Shift+Ctrl+option+power button at the same time until the light blinks on the power cord.
- Now, Turn On the Mac normally.
Note: If you have a removable battery then remove the battery for a few minutes and insert it back and Turn on your Mac normally.
Method 9: Reset PRAM
- Shut-down the Mac.
- Press the power button and immediately press& hold the cmd+opt+P+R keys until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
This guide helps you to get back your mac in shape. If you find this article is informative and it helps let us know in the comments and share it with your friends. Thank you…