I tried to upgrade Sierra into High Sierra, all the processes have done well, but it had frozen when completing the installation. It didn’t complete the installation of High Sierra for 6 hours. Very irritating. At Last, my friend suggested a solution to get rid of this problem. So in this article, I am going to discuss the solutions which worked for me and the solutions that worked for my friends.
Note: If you have the 10.12.6 version you can’t get an upgrade.
Solution 1: Reboot your Mac
Just Reboot your system in Safe mode, wait some time you can witness the login box.
Hold down the Power key till the system turn off, then turn it on again. This force action will solve your problem.
Solution 2: Disable Recovery Partition
- You need to turn off the Recovery Partition.
- Also hold down “Command-R”, when turning it on.
Solution 3: Via Bootable USB version
- Just generate a bootable USB version of that installer.
- Connect your Mac to any USB bootable drive.
- Then hold down the Option button till your Mac turn on.
- On the screen just choose ‘Install macOS Sierra’ in the drive list.
- After the USB drive has booted, choose Disk Utility -> Mac’s startup from that list -> Erase.
- Go back to utility window, after deleting Mac’s startup disk -> Install macOS.
- Then select the recently Erased Startup to install your macOS.
- Next just follow the onscreen instruction to finish the installation.
Solution 4: Follow Safari Online Instructions
- Go to Recovery mode -> just follow the Safari online instructions -> then uninstall some files after delete mode.
- This will ensure a smooth installation.
Solution 5: Use a Stable Wi-Fi connection
Check your internet connection is stable. If your network connection is poor or disconnect, it may cause this installation stuck issue. So, check do you have the fastest Wi-Fi connection.
Solution 6: Delete unsupported Apps
If you have an app that which not supports macOS High Sierra. Then find and remove it immediately. Because it may also freeze your installation.
Solution 7: Use Flash Drive
- Link your Mac to a USB Flash drive, then install.
- You may download the update from the App Store.
- Check that you have the full installation in the App store after that choose “Download’ below the icon“.
- Then copy this to an external hard drive or Flash Drive.
- Next, remove the drive and put it into your system.
- Launch the installer, and follow the onscreen instructions after deactivating the internet connection.
Note: To install, you don’t need an internet connection.
Solution 8: Uninstall the‘ Install macOS Sierra’ file
- Go to Launchpad -> uninstall the ‘Install macOS Sierra’ file.
- Then reboot your system then try to redownload it.
- Next tap on Apple Menu -> App Store -> Update in the update section.
Solution 9: Deactivate Anti-virus software
- If you have any Anti-virus software on the system just deactivate or trash it and check your internet connection is proper or not.
- Then turn off your system by hold down the Power key.
- Next, turn on the system and hold down the Shift key until the Apple logo appears.
- Now your Mac booted in the Safe mode, now you can restart the install.
Solution 10: To Cancel
- Just hold down the Option key and the ‘Pause’ or ‘Download’ button.
- This will ‘Cancel’ your struggling installation.
- Then you can restart the process.
I hope this article will help to fix your issue with macOS High Sierra install is frozen. If you have any other solutions or doubts let me know through the comments. Thank you.