Many iPhone users want to delete the photos from their iPhone but they want to keep them in iCloud. Here I am going to tell how to delete photos from iPhone without deleting from iCloud.
Method 1: Turn off iCloud Photo Library
Turn off iCloud Photo Library before deleting all photos from your iPhone. If you delete the photos on your iPhone without turning off “iCloud Photo Library”, the photos will be also removed from iCloud.
- Go to Settings->Apple ID (your name)->iCloud.
- Select “Photos”.
- Turn off “iCloud Photo Library”.
- Tap “Remove from iPhone” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Remove from iPhone” to confirm. Now all the photos and videos will be deleted from your iPhone. But they will remain in iCloud Photo Library.
Method 2: Sign out of iCloud
Sign out of iCloud before deleting the photos from your iPhone.
- Go to Settings->Apple ID (your name).
- Tap “Sign Out”.
- Again tap “Sign Out” to confirm.
Method 3: Transfer the photos to Mac
Transferred photos will be synced to iCloud via Mac. Then you can delete the photos from your iPhone. But deleted photos will be kept in iCloud.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac via USB cable.
- Transfer the photos from iPhone to Mac.
- Then delete the photos from your iPhone.
If you know any other ways to delete the photos from iPhone without removing them from iCloud, let us know through your comments.