Some iPhone users have been complaining that they got an error “Could Not Connect please check your connection and try again”. Here I am going to tell you some solution to fix this problem. Read this article carefully till the end to get rid of this problem.
Solution 1: Check your Internet Connection
If your internet connection is poor, then snapchat may show this error. So, you have a strong network connection to use Snapchat. You can use either Cellular Data or Wi-Fi but it should be a strong connection.
Solution 2: Force Close the App
First, force close the app while you are are using the App. Then double press the Home button and you will get closed apps here. You have to swipe up the Snapchat app to close. Wait for sometime and relaunch the app then use it.
Solution 3: Force Restart your Device
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 4: Update the Snapchat App
Sometimes, it happens when you are not updating your apps. If you are updating the app, this error may not show on your iPhone. If update available for Snapchat, then update it first.
Solution 5: Uninstall and Reinstall the App
Long press the App until the app wiggling. Then click the “X” icon to delete the Snapchat app. After that, go to the App Store and Download and Install the app.
Solution 6: Set Wi-Fi & Cellular Data for Snapchat
- Go to Settings -> Snapchat -> Wireless Data.
- Choose “WLAN & Cellular Data” for Snapchat.
Solution 8: Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box. After doing this restart your Phone.
Solution 9: Check for Software Update
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- If an update available here, you just click “Download and Install”.
- Then follow the instruction to update.