Some iPhone 5, iPhone 6, 4S, 3Gs (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon) users had SIM card failure issue. So they can’t call or send a message to someone via iPhone.
Fix 1: Reboot your Apple iPhone
Maybe it’s a small glitch. Restart your iPhone and check the issue.
Fix 2: Turn on/Off Airplane mode
Go to iPhone Settings and turn on and off Airplane mode for some seconds. Then turn off Airplane mode.
Fix 3: Update Carrier Settings
On your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> About. See any updates available there, Download and install latest updates.
Fix 4: Check your SIM card properly placed
Sometimes this issue might be happened because of the misplaced SIM card. Open SIM Card slot on your phone. Remove the SIM card and place it back again.
Fix 5: Restore your iPhone.
Before reset your iPhone to Factory Settings, backup your device. Because this action will Erase all data from your device.
To back up your device,
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi or Data network.
- Launch Settings->Apple ID (your name)->iCloud->iCloud Backup.
- Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on. Tap “Back Up Now”.
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Erase All Contents and Settings”.
- A pop-up box will appear with three options: Back Up Then Erase, Erase Now, and Cancel.
- If you want to backup your device, tap “Back Up Then Erase”.
- If you have already taken a Backup, tap “Erase Now”.
Then restore your phone From iCloud and iTunes Backup.
Fix 6: Check your SIM card
Put any other SIM card on your iPhone and check the issue. Sometimes this issue might be happened because of the broken SIM card.
Fix 7: Contact Your SIM card provider
If you can’t fix your issue contact your SIM card provider and explain your issue.
Also, suggest your own solutions for this article readers.