Many iPhone users have been complaining that share my location not working and also they get this message “Share My Location Unavailable. Unable to connect server. Please try again later”. I know this is a common issue for some iPhone users. Do you have this problem? Need a solution? If yes, read this article till the end. I am going to share you, how to get rid of this location not available or not working issue.
Solution 1: Force Restart your Phone
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 2: Check your Internet Connection
If you have a bad internet connection, you can’t share your location and it shows “Share My Location Unavailable. Unable to connect server. Please try again later”. Then you can’t share your location with anyone. So, you have to check your internet connection.
Solution 3: Sign In to your iCloud Account
Sometimes this Find My iPhone not sharing location error occurs when you haven’t signed in to your iCloud account. So, you have to sign in to your iCloud. To do this,
- Launch “Settings” -> “Your Name” -> “iCloud”.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password to sign in.
Solution 4: Make sure that Location Services is Turned on
- Launch “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Tap “Privacy” -> turn on “Location Services”.
Solution 5: Turn On Location Services for iCloud
- Launch “Settings” -> your “Apple ID”.
- Tap “iCloud” -> “Share My Location” -> turn on “Share My Location”.
Solution 6: Allow Permission to Find iPhone
If Find My iPhone permission hasn’t allowed using location services, you can’t find the location. So, Find iPhone online not sharing location. You have to allow location permissions to some apps. To do so,
- Launch “Settings” -> “Privacy”.
- Tap “Location Services” -> “Find iPhone” and choose “Always” or “While Using”.
Hope this article solves your location sharing problem. If you have any idea or doubt regarding this article, tell us through your comments.