There are many iPhone XS and XS Max users have complained that they cannot take a screenshot after upgrading to iOS 12. I too had faced this same issue on my iPhone XS. Somehow I fixed the issue. In this article, I am going to tell you those solutions to solve this problem.
Solution 1: Force Restart your iPhone
- Press and release Volume Up button.
- Press and release Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
Solution 2: Check for Software Update
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap “General”.
- Scroll down the page to find “Software Update”.
- If there an update is available, tap “Download and Install”.
Solution 3: Using AssistiveTouch
If you can’t take a screenshot using buttons. You can try this method to take a screenshot.
- Launch “Settings” -> “General” -> “Accessibility”.
- Click on “AssistiveTouch” and toggle on it.
- After did this, on your screen you can see one white color circle button. Click it.
- Then click “Device” -> “More” -> “Screenshot”.
Solution 4: Reset All Settings
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap “General” -> “Reset”.
- Then select “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter the passcode if need.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box to confirm.
Solution 5: Restore your iPhone with Recovery Mode
- First, connect your iPhone to the Mac or PC through USB cable.
- After it connects, press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Now, press and quickly release Volume Down button.
- Then press and hold the Power/Side button until it restarts. Don’t leave this button until your phone gets into Recovery mode.
- Release this button when you see your phone connect to iTunes.
- In iTunes window, it shows your iOS device is in recovery mode. There you can see two options that Update or Restore.
- Select “Restore”.
- You have to wait until the process is completed.
We hope that above solutions have solved your problem. If you know any other solutions to solve this problem, tell us through your comments.