One of the iPhone users has a problem with Screen Time. He was using Screen Time to manage his kid’s iPhone usage. The app was blocked by Downtime. If they try to open the apps, it says it’s blocked with a link to “Ask For More Time”. The problem was one of their kids open the blocked app the link said: “Ignore Limit” which means she could open the app without any restrictions. In this article, I am going to tell you how to fix this Screen Time issue.
Solution 1: Force Restart both Devices
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XR, and XS Max
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Then press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 2: App Limits
- Go to Settings -> Screen Time.
- Under App Limits, you can see require the password at all times when the limit expires.
Solution 3: Enable Downtime and Block At Downtime
- You have enabled Downtime and Block At Downtime. If not, then your kid will be able to ignore the restriction without a parent’s approval.
- If your kid had selected “Ignore for the rest of the day”, then you have to wait the whole day, and then it’s starting to work the next day only.
Solution 4: Reset Network Settings
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- And select the Reset option.
- Select “Reset Network Settings”.
Solution 5: Reset All Settings
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap “General” -> “Reset”.
- Select “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter the passcode if you need it. Then again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Solution 6: Change the password
If you are using the same password on your iPhone and child iPhone when you set up the family sharing on your child’s phone. So your child’s phone automatically ignores the limit. To solve this issue, under Family Sharing change the password for the limits. So when your kid’s tap Ignore Limits they will need to enter the new password to open the Apps.
Solution 7: Restore your iPhone
If none of these solutions worked for you try this method. Before doing this back up your device because this action will erase all the content of your device.
- Open iTunes on your PC or Mac. Make sure that iTunes is upgraded to the latest version.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad via data (USB) cable to the Mac.
- Tap your iPhone icon when it shows on iTunes.
- Select the Summary tab and tap “Restore iPhone”.
- A new box will open to ask to confirm the action. Tap “Restore”.
- Then iTunes will restore your iPhone.
- When your phone restart, you can see a few options. You have to select “Set Up as New iPhone”.
I hope guys this possible solution to fix this issue. If you have any other doubts or suggestions please let us know via comments. Thank you and keep supporting iphonetopics.com