Some iPhone users are getting an issue with Screen Time Passcode which is ScreenTime is enabled automatically even he didn’t turn off it. It asks a passcode for turn off it but he didn’t set a passcode for this. It was happening only after iOS 12 update. Do you want to get rid of this problem? If yes, then read this article. Here I am going to tell you how to fix this Screen Time passcode issue on your iPhone.
Solution 1: Restart your iPhone
iPhone 8 Plus and Earlier
- Press and hold the power button (Sleep/Wake) until you get a slider.
- To turn off your device, drag the slider.
- After a few seconds, again press and hold the power button until you get an Apple logo
iPhone X and Later
- Press the Power Button and either Volume Up or Down Button until getting power off slider.
- Then drag the slider to turn off your device.
- Wait for 20 to 30 seconds.
- To turn on your iPhone, press and hold the Power Button until getting an Apple Logo.
Solution 2: Reset All Settings
- Go to Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap “General”.
- Select “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter the passcode if prompted.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box to confirm.
Solution 3: Try Out Random Four Digit Number
If you have never set a passcode for Screen Time, then type any four digits random number. Many iPhone users said that the problem was solved by following this method. You can also try this one and you will get a better result.
Solution 4: Restore your iPhone via iTunes
Before restoring, backup your iPhone. Because this action will erase your phone’s data.
- First, connect your iPhone to the Mac.
- Then open iTunes on your Mac.
- Click iPhone icon at the top.
- Now, click the Summary tab at left corner.
- A pop-up box will appear to confirm the action and tap Restore.
- Then iTunes will restore your iPhone.
- When your phone restarts, you can see a few options. You have to select “Set Up as New iPhone”.
Solution 5: Turn Off Screen Time
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap “Screen Time”.
- Now, tap “Change Screen Time Passcode”.
- Then tap “Turn Off Screen Time Passcode”.
- If you want to turn on Screen Time again, you need to enter the old passcode. Put any four-digit number to turn on it.
Solution 6: Use Fone Rescue
- Download and Install Fone Rescue on your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to the Computer via USB cable.
- Now, open iTunes.
- Click “iPhone icon” and “Back Up Now”. If your iPhone iOS version is iOS 12 and Later, select “Encrypt [device] backup” and create a new password.
- Launch “Fone Rescue”, select “Recover from iTunes Backup” mode.
- Now, choose backup to scan if your iTunes backup is encrypted. Then enter the password in the pop-up window and click “OK”.
- Wait until the process has completed, go to “Note & Others” tab -> “Restriction Passcode” (Screen Time Passcode). Now you will the Restriction or Screen Time passcode on the display.
Hope that above solutions have solved your problem. If you know any other solutions to solve this problem, tell us through your comments.